About this questionnaire
- Who are we?
We are a company 2LEAD4US specialised in Sustainable Leadership learning programmes according to the 4US™ model. We challenge and equip leaders to integrate sustainability in their organisations be developing sustainable leadership and co-creating best practices which lead to a positive impact on person, people, planet and prosperity (including profit). 2LEAD4US is founded, owned and lead by Anastasia Kellermann (Sustainability Unlimited) and Robert van den Bergh (Blanchard International). We are conducting this research in cooperation with Ken Blanchard Companies and their international partners in 26 countries. Seewww.2lead4us.com , www.blanchardinternational.nl and www.kenblanchard.com).
- Why are we conducting this research?
The goal of our research is to get deeper insight on how companies worldwide are integrating sustainability in their day-to-day core business through leadership. We also wish to identify best practices among early adopters of sustainability integration in the world. In these times of urgency and uncertainty, we aim to use the research to make and help others make a leap towards sustainability.
- What do companies gain by participating?
- The ability to benchmark results of participant compared to those from 150 companies worldwide in 26 countries and participants country compared to other countries.
- Access to website www.sustainableleadershipresearch.com with on line questionnaire and immediate display of results in graphic form.
- Valuable information on how to more effectively succeed in integrating sustainability.
- Free positive publicity by being mentioned in the books written by Anastasia Kellermann and Ken Blanchard and extra coverage if the participants best practice is chosen for the top ten to be highlighted in the new book focussing on Sustainable Leadership.
- Association with top notch clients through cooperation with Ken Blanchard Companies.
- What is the timing of the research and first book publication?
- Launch of global research September 25th, 2008
- Netherlands research ends by October 31st, 2008
- All international data is collected digitally by November 30th, 2008
- Data is analysed by February 1st, 2009
- Book written by June 1st, 2009
- Foreword written by July 15th, 2009
- Book published and launched by September 2009
- How many companies are participating?
150 companies worldwide: 20 in the Netherlands, 30 in the USA, 100 in 25 other countries.
- How many respondents do you expect?
10 per company, 150 companies, so that would mean 1500.
- How are companies selected?
We look for and invite early adaptors or second movers in sustainability to participate. Companies who have expressed their ambition to reach goals in sustainability or CSR and have started with implementation. We focus primarily on companies in our and Ken Blanchard Companies international network in 26 countries.
- Which companies are participating?
In the Netherlands participating companies are e.g. TNT, KLM, Philips, Randstad, Delta Lloyd, Sara Lee, Dura Vermeer, Achmea, Triodos, Amsterdam RAI, VolkerWessels, SITA, Van Ganzewinkel, ABN AMRO, Rabobank, Haven Amsterdam. The list of participating global companies is currently being made in cooperation with Ken Blanchard Companies and its international partners in 26 countries.
- Which types of leaders within the companies are participating?
Senior management. Strategic and/or operational senior management holding positions such as CEO, CFO, COO, head of HR, head of procurement, head of marketing and sales, head of sustainability and head of business units or divisions. The CEO is often interviewed instead of filling in the questionnaire.
- What if the company wants to fill in the questionnaire but not do the interview with the CEO?
The CEO may be interviewed but is not a necessity. In the Netherlands, most CEOs have been interviewed.
- What does the research look like and what is expected from participants?
There is a website www.sustainableleadershipresearch.com where only participants can enter. If chosen companies choose to participate, they get 10 log in names and passwords to fill in the on-line questionnaire. They can immediately see their results in graphic form at the end of filling it in and compare their results with others. Participants are also asked to describe a best practice in the on-line questionnaire.
- Do participants need to fill in all the questions in the on line questionnaire?
Yes and no. They need to fill in all so-called ‘quantitative questions’ with boxes and numbers. Open so called ‘qualitative questions’ and the best practice are encouraged but not mandatory.
- What is done with the data and how is confidentiality dealt with?
There are specific confidentiality provisions in the questionnaire. No company specific information will be shared with other companies without your consent. Names and personal information of respondents filling in the questionnaire participants will not be shared without your consent. Only generic information will be shared, such as the results in graphic form at the end of filling in the survey and in the books. All data is kept confidentially within our company 2LEAD4US and not shared with others except with our partner Ken Blanchard Companies and chosen academic institutions who agree to adhere to the same confidentiality provisions. For promotional purposes i.a. for the companies themselves, the names of participating companies are disclosed amongst others in the book.
- Whom can we contact to participate?
If you happen to have any questions or wish to participate, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at +31 (0)10 - 28 10 297 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can ask for Martine Van Weelden, Elizabeth Pixopoulou or Anastasia Kellermann.
Kindly note that no company specific information will be shared with other companies without your consent. Generic information will however be shared. See question 13 on confidentiality.